Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Heart And A Pearl Necklace


<333
So, this was my first actual order of a novelty cake! (Thank you Mrs. Daub!) Its a heart shaped box with a "pearl" necklace. I have to say, this cake was NOT easy. First off, AC Moore let me down. They sold out of FONDANT! I nearly died. Luckly, I have an amazing dad that solves problems in under 5 minutes (or your money back). Generally though, a lot of time went into this cake, but I'm super happy with the way it turned out. A few nicks here and there, but I'm super happy, and everyone loved it.
It's a devils food cake with buttercream frosting (made from scratch!!!!), and covered in fondant. For the "pearls" I rolled out little balls of fondant a few days before, and strung them on some floral wire. Then after I atatched them to the cake, I painted them with some Wilton Shimmer Powder in silver mixed with a tad of water, giving them a really realistic pearl look. Then I added a ribbon and bow made out of fondant, and my signature roses all around.
The cake board was made out of Foam Board covered in super cute wrapping paper (think I got it at walmart a few weeks ago) and then some clear plastic wrap. Over all, I was thrilled with the outcome and look forward to making more novelty cakes.

<3 JessyBakesCakes



No comments:

Post a Comment